Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wednesday Woes & GH Scoops


It seems that almost everyone I know has some sort of major problem or problems today. Hence the title Wednesday Woes. It is most unusual, but for me things have finally settled into a fairly good place. So, of course, me being me, I'm waiting for the proverbial piano to fall from the sky and I end up splattered in some horribly embarrasing place. We must find some fun in this day!

The above picture is a now famous cornflake. Story is from annanova.com

The £100,000 cornflake

Bidding for a cornflake resembling the US state of Illinois has reached more than £100,000 on eBay.



Two sisters listed 'The Great Illinois Corn Flake' on the auction site, promising it had undergone no cosmetic alterations.

Emily McIntire, a 15-year-old in high school from Chesapeake, Virginia, said she was grabbing fistfuls of cereal on her way to class when she found the flake.

"It was almost to my mouth, it didn't look like Illinois at first because it was held the wrong way," she said.

But then she noticed the resemblance and said: "Oh my goodness, it's Illinois."

Her 23-year-old sister, Melissa, said their parents suggested selling it for fun. They're offering free shipping, providing the buyer is in Illinois.

"At the moment it's residing in a fine jewellery box with a lot of cotton wrapped around it to keep it safe," said Melissa.

The McIntire sisters say they've decided to use the proceeds from the eBay sale to buy more boxes of Frosted Flakes.

"We've got to replace the one we've already sold," Melissa said. "We like cereal."

Now wasn't that fun? More fun than General Hospital for sure. Let's see-- scoops are saying Carly loses the baby. Sonny has to tell Kate that his kid shot her. We've had another explosion. Nikolas is taking illegal drugs from an evil doctor.
Monica is going to finally get busted for her drinking problem.
Here's the rest from Linda Hirsch;
GENERAL HOSPITAL: Ric and Marianna fear the worst when Randy's body is discovered. Trevor blackmails Ric, claiming he has the murder weapon used against Randy with Marianna's fingerprints on it. Ric gives into Trevor's blackmail in order to protect Marianna and signs over the deed to the waterfront property. Jason has it out with Monica, who continues to drink. Monica tells Jason she loves him and that he will always be her son. Nikolas tells Ian he won't give him any money until he knows Ian can give him an unlimited supply of the drug that allows him to keep seeing Emily. Claudia reveals she knew exactly whom Sonny was when she slept with him. Ric confronts Marianna about being in cahoots with Trevor. Marianna admits her wrongdoings but claims her feelings for Ric are genuine. Ric wants to team up with Sonny to destroy Trevor. Spinelli turns to Jason for advice about how to seduce a woman. Kate balks at Jax taking an active role in their new publishing venture, but they're soon working as a team. Maxie throws her new job as Kate's assistant in Lulu's face.

All I can say is you can tell Guza is back in town. Explosions, mob stuff and babies dead before they are born. Worse yet, Spinelli might actually lose his virginity. Ow, my eyes-- get the needles out!

Cheers!

Laura
The More Books the Better

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I can get the cereal out and find Guza's head shape in there. Think I'd get anything for it? LOL

Laura Hinds said...

How funny--- I wonder if you could find a Guza Flake with his nerdy eyeglasses and all!

Anonymous said...

I think I may have been aware of Gedstern since I stupidly came back to GH several years ago. I actually just stumbled across this blog tonight.

But what I really endears you to me you is your RUSH love. I remember that fondly from your old site. I am finally seeing them in July for the FIRST time, even though I grew up in Dallas Freaking Texas, a noted tour stop, and I am 41 years old.

I am sorry that you don't you share my Spinelli love, but I can tell you that when that AmEx charge went through, you were probably the first person, strangely, I thought of. Bizarre, the things that we remember.

Laura Hinds said...

Hi Anonymous!

How nice to hear from another Rush fan! I've seen them over 30 times and had the pleasure of meeting them 3 times! Unfortunately, I've missed the last two tours. It was rumored that they were going to come back to Boston for this return Snakes and Arrows tour, but alas the closest they are coming is NJ. Oh well!

BTW-- I don't hate Spinelli or anything. In fact I liked him a lot for awhile, but he's getting on my nerves lately, lol, like the rest of the show!

Wish I knew who you were- I might well remember you, too. Email me if you want at LauraHinds@aol.com

Thanks for writing!

lisbleu said...

hey, wasn't spinelli de-flowered, lol, by jolene, the blonde student nurse/killer on night shift?

Laura Hinds said...

Spinelli sure was deflowered, but that was Night Shift-- alternate reality. Parallel universe. Very Strange Things happening!

Laura