Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Jane Ellen update

Greetings from Jane Ellen's Official Website!

Dear Friends,

I hope that the new year is treating you kindly thus far and that it
will bring you health, happiness, creativity, and an abundance of time
spent with family and friends.

Many things happened at the end of last month, and there is some new
excitement in the works, so I’ll try to catch you up as quickly (and
briefly!) as possible.

On December 22nd, movements from my set of violin duets entitled ‘The
Lonely Wanderer’, were performed as part of a chamber ensemble concert
given at the Good Samaritan White Acres Retirement Community, in El
Paso, TX. Hanson Yu and Wesley Yu performed four movements from my
suite, one of which, ‘Night in Russia’, was later recorded and posted on
Journey STC’s MySpace page: www.myspace.com/hansonjourney. Other works
performed included compositions by Bach, Chopin, and Saint-Saƫns, as
well as arrangements of popular Christmas carols. I am hopeful that I
may be able to collaborate on further performances by this group of fine
musicians, and I am deeply grateful to them for showcasing my work.

Mystic Age Radio in Ft Pierce, FL (www.mysticageradio.com) continues to
feature my works (generally programming tracks twice an hour), for which
I am eternally grateful. Their live Christmas show included several
tracks from my ‘Flowers in Winter’ CD (‘Silent Night’, ‘Greensleeves’,
God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen’ and ‘Good King Wenceslaus’), closing with
‘Time for Rejoicing’. A few days later all the artists on the MAR
playlist were excited to learn that the station has been awarded First
place in Ambient, and Second place Overall in the Net Radio Awards. I am
very grateful to them for their continued support, as I am to Spirit
Within Radio in Lubbock, TX.

Happyday New Age Radio in South Korea has now added me as “best romantic
pianist” and “best healing pianist” to their recommended artists list
which you can access here: http:/inewage.com/recommend.htm (you’ll have
to scroll down the page, as I’m new).

Also at the end of last year, my dear friend Laura honoured me with a
lengthy post in her blog entitled: ‘Jane Ellen: Woman of Substance’. You
can find the article here (I apologise in advance for the long url, but
it will save you hunting for the December 29th entry):
http://gedsternguide.blogspot.com/2007/12/jane-ellen-woman-of-substance.html.


The new year started off with a bang with even more exciting news!

Composer, pianist, and recording artist Elizabeth Middleton is coming to
Albuquerque to give a concert promoting her latest recordings, and she
has asked if I would appear as a guest at her concert. Naturally, I said
yes! The concert will be held April 20th, at 3pm, at the First Unitarian
Church in Albuquerque (Carlisle/Comanche NE). I’ll be sure to let you
know more details as they materialise.

Last, but certainly not least, I am thrilled to announce that Canadian
concert organist and composer Thomas Gonder has added my ‘Danse des
Esprits’ to his repertoire, and will be performing it later this year.

If, for any reason, you wish to stop receiving these newsletters, simply
reply to any mailing with the word "unsubscribe" written in the subject
line. Your wishes will be immediately respected. If this newsletter has
been forwarded to you, and you wish to join the monthly mailing list,
send an email to jane@janeellen.com with the word "subscribe" written in
the subject line.

See you in February!

Follow your heart,
Jane Ellen
------------------------------------------
Visit my websites and blog:
www.janeellen.com
www.myspace.com/janeellenmusic
www.classicallounge.com/janeellen
janesjournal.wordpress.com

No comments: