Thursday, January 10, 2008

General Hospital and The Persona of the Library

Are you ready Kids?? Aye Aye Captain!
One never knows just who reads one's blogs-- and the fun part is finding out in the most unexpected places. Best part is finding someone who has a career you really respect agrees with you about something as mundane as General Hospital! YES! Career women do think that the Alexis/Diane situation is dumb and annoying! It isn't just me!!! I am here, supposedly to do some book research, and check in with email contacts and maybe, just maybe find some scoops for Karen about GH. Bottom line--- there isn't anything new under the sun on GH, and I'd really like a road trip to Maine to Genie Francis' store to pick her brain and score an interview? Anyone want to come?? Hint-hint-- yes I mean YOU!

Today I'm thinking a lot about how different my world is when I am outside of my home, away from my cat, my bathroom and fuzzy slippers.. here at the library on a beautiful day, and how grateful I am to be here. How different the Persona of the Library is, depending on the weather, the time of day, who is working, who the patrons are, what new books are in..and how it all effects my own mood. I came in hopeful and grateful, and now feel joyous and inspired. It is happy both within these hallowed halls and walls and without. I wonder how I'd feel if I could be in here, with a computer and a TV with GH on at 3, and a small circle of librarians to enjoy both with! It reminds me of when I was 8 years young, in the hospital and the student nurses would all come into my room to watch All My Children at 1pm...all with their reaons to comfort me, or draw blood (was that really necessary ladies?), or convince me to eat my lunch. Oh well- no TV here, just books and computer, but really, is there anything more important than that? Hey- and they also haven't asked for blood yet!

Laura
The More books the Better

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

best blog ever! LOVE it...:) you know I'm up for a trip to Maine. My neighbors (by my parents) have a house in Searsport--they've seen GF a number of times.

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

It's Linda of Soapdom.com (formerly Turtle-Run.com). Glad to see you back on line. Come visit us at http://www.soapdom.com and contact me via the contact page. It would be great to catch up.

Happy New Year,
Linda